Every year at National Online Safety, we work hard behind the scenes to build on and improve our award-winning online safety package for schools.
This year has been no exception.
Like millions, if not billions, of others worldwide, we were faced with an uncertain future due to coronavirus. However, we adapted and we soon realised the need for online safety training, resources and educational material was needed now more than ever.
Lockdown meant that more children were going online. It meant more children were using their devices. It meant that more children were playing online games for longer and finding ways to communicate with others in the absence of face to face contact.
We had to improve. We had to make sure that schools could count on us to deliver the latest online safety training in line with DfE guidance. We had to make sure that we had the right online safety advice for parents so that they could come to us and find out everything they need to know about keeping their children safe online.
That’s why our team have been working non-stop, day and night, for the last 6 months to bring you some amazing new features for the new academic year.
1. *NEW* Online Safety Risks Hub with over 300 videos, online safety guides and online safety lesson plans.
Our new Online Safety Risks Hub is the fastest and most effective way for you to assess online safeguarding risks. We’ve made it even easier for you to find what you need with a simple click of a button. Simply type your query in the search bar and find access to:
- Over 200 online safety guides covering every aspect of the online world across 14 category areas
- Over 100 bite-size explainer videos that break down complex topics in 2-3 minutes
- New guides on the latest apps, games and devices every week as part of our #WakeUpWednesday campaign
- Topic specific webinars and updated online safety lesson plans to support teaching and learning in school
- *NEW* Annual Online Safety Courses for 2020-21 for the whole school community
We have completely updated ALL of our annual online safety courses for the 2020/21 academic year in line with the latest DfE guidance and Ofsted requirements. Our dedicated, role-specific courses ensure that the whole school community receives the right level of information to help keep children safe online and all include a module dedicated to remote learning.
- Certificate in Online Safety for Non-teaching Staff
- Certificate in Online Safety for Teaching Staff
- Certificate in Online Safety for Governors
- Advanced Certificate in Online Safety for DSLs
- Advanced Certificate in Online Safety for Online Safety Leads
- Advanced Certificate in Online Safety for ICT Leads
- Advanced Certificate in Online Safety for SENDCos
- *NEW* Online Safety Lesson Plans in line with Education for a Connected World 2020
All of our Online Safety lesson plans have been updated in line with the 2020 edition of the UKCIS ‘Education for Connected World’ Framework. Covering EYFS through to KS4, our updated Online Safety lesson plans:
- Meet the objectives laid out in the UKCIS Education for a Connected World Framework and help to support schools with their DfE requirements under the Relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education curriculum.
- Have been developed by two practising online safety leads working in both primary and secondary schools who use these methods day in, day out to engage their children in online safety.
- Feature a host of brand-new resources to help you deliver a rich, diverse and comprehensive online safety curriculum.
- *NEW* Template Online Safety Policy Available
As a certified school, you can now download our comprehensive online safety policy template.
Designed by Christina Leath, Safeguarding expert and Heather Cardwell, experienced Online Safety Lead, our online policy template ensures that you can record and develop your own school policy in line with DfE guidance, staff responsibilities and online safeguarding requirements.
- *NEW* Online Safety Course for Parents & Carers with Myleene Klass (COMING SOON)
This year, we have teamed up with Myleene Klass, passionate online safety advocate and mother of three, to completely revamp our online safety course for parents and carers. Split into four age-groups, (4-7, 7-11, 11-14 and 14-18) each course:
- Provides an essential insight into how children are typically engaging with online world
- Is beautifully presented, using language that parents can relate to and understand
- Is short, clear and easy-to-follow with information on where parents can learn more
- Finishes with a quick quiz to help embed learning
- *NEW* National Online Safety Mobile App (COMING SOON)
Coming very soon, we will be launching our brand new National Online Safety mobile app, giving you and your whole school community access to all of our award-winning online safety training, resources, news and expertise in the palm of your hand.
With so many children spending more and more time online, can you afford to not keep up?
Join us today and receive access to our comprehensive online hub with everything you need in one place, available anytime, on any device.
Click here to become a member today!
Posted by National Online Safety