In these testing times, the role of a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) has never been more important. With many children now learning from home, having that safeguarding expertise can be crucial in recognising the correct measures to put in place and appropriate polices to ensure children are kept as safe as possible.
Furthermore, the fluidity of government guidance due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak means that having that expertise and knowledge can aid more efficient and effective implementation.
What about online safety?
There is also the concern around ensuring that you are on top of the latest online harms and risks, particularly since children are now more likely to be spending more time online playing games, streaming videos or staying in touch through social media.
It can be a lot of responsibility to shoulder.
How upgrading your membership can help
There is help at hand. In upgrading your membership as a DSL member to our award-winning Certified School Package you will receive the assurance that the safeguarding of children online is being shared by the whole school community who have been trained to the highest standard.
Benefits of upgrading your package include:
- CPD accredited training for the whole school community, from top to bottom. This includes all school staff from governors and headteachers to SENDCOs and online safety leads. You will also receive access to the only CACHE endorsed parents and carers online safety course in the UK which can be rolled out and accessed remotely in the comfort of their own home.
- Peace of mind that all your online safety training falls in line with DfE statutory requirements guidance, including ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE) 2019’, as well as aligning to the UKCCIS Education for a Connected World Framework.
- Teachers will also be able to access our interactive video lesson plans which are perfect for remote learning. Designed to engage young children in online safety and make learning fun, creative and memorable, they feature some of the most recognisable faces in children’s TV, including Emma Grace Arends, lead presenter from ‘Peppa Pig: My First Cinema Experience.
- Not only that, but all of our lesson plans have been individually designed by teachers, for teachers, ensuring they are age-appropriate and can be implemented as part of the new RSHE curriculum. We cover all age groups from EYFS, KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4.
- Complete access for the whole school to our award-winning #WakeUpWednesday guides which have established themselves as one of the most credible and trusted online safety resources in the world. We’ve recently gathered endorsement from the FBI and the Metropolitan Police and have released guides on some of the most high-profile platforms being used during lockdown.
- Full access to our state-of-the art learning hub which means all of the above can be accessed online and remotely. There is no need for staff to attend physical seminars, conferences or training courses. From one central place, school leaders can track staff learning, monitor course progress, download lesson resources, access press packs and track their growth towards achieving a NOS certified school status.
Don’t shoulder the burden of online safety alone
Our Certified School Programme is a perfect solution for schools during these unprecedented times.
You can learn more about the programme here or you can email us at email@example.com and one of our Online Safety Consultants will be available to help.
Posted by Pete Badh